Saturday, August 12, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

Have been very busy lately both on the easel and on the homefront. Despite being right in the middle of having the garden revamped with all the problems that brings (more than you would think) and having 2 bored children vying for my attention, I have managed to complete a couple of pictures.

Had been working on this drawing of a Maine Coon Cat for a while fitting it in when I had the time - why can't there be more hours in the day?? - and finally got it finished this week.


This wasn't a commission and therefore 'let myself go' more with the colours using the mauves, purples and blues I saw in his hair (they don't show up very well in this photograph).

Have also been working on what I call my 'Wedding Couple 2' - a watercolour pencil portrait of my client's mother and father on their wedding day. This will be a gift for their wedding anniversary. You can see how this is progressing at www.petportraits-bylaura.com/wip_3.

And finally - have made a start on my next commission - 2 oil paintings of 2 chocolate labs. Will hopefully, time permitting, put paint to canvas early next week. Will keep you posted.

No comments: