Sunday, January 21, 2007

Confessions

Ok, I have a confession to make - I've been somewhat 'lazy' behind the easel and haven't done very much since the holidays. The reason?

Well on the one hand I could 'blame' Zara. Being the only one working from home I find myself, on the whole, her sole carer. Thankfully she is almost fully toilet trained so don't have to follow her every move but now I have a problem with guilt. I feel I should be spending more time with her - those eyes of hers get to me every time - and do feel guilty working on my drawings. When I get a chance to that is as I am forever having to stop to attend to her needs for one reason or another.

On the other hand I could blame myself and lack of motivation (post holiday syndrome I like to call it). I had work to complete the week beween Christmas and New Year and decided to take the following week as my holidays. My promise to start work 'tomorrow' changed daily and all of a sudden it is the 21st January! Whatever my reasons it is not a good start to the year and, whether Zara likes it or not, it's back to normal hours tomorrow.

I haven't been all bad and finished updating my website galleries with my Christmas commissions which included pencil drawings of Seonaid, a lurcher and Italian spinone cross....

And, staying with lurchers, 2 brothers named Miller and Fynn.....

I am never happy with how my graphite pencil portraits scan or photograph but it gives you an idea.

So what's next? Looking forward to future commissions which include 2 German Shephards, a Great Dane, Greyhound and a colour pencil montage of a beautiful Spaniel. First up though is Mollie the cat and I will be adding her to my WIP pages tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to get back to the "norm" after a break lol,and imagine it is even harder with adorable Zara!Love the drawings,your long hair work is excellent,and I am so envious,as mine never goes right.

Laura said...

Oh me to Laura, I am so bad - just can't get motivated! Your drawings, as always are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.