Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cocker Spaniel in pencil

18cmx28cm,Pencil
Copyright Laura Hardie 2010
(My thanks to Nicola McClure for the reference photo used for this drawing)

And he’s finished. Still thinking of a suitable title and need to give this some more thought over the coming week – the hardest part of any drawing I often think!

Not quite sure what I’m going to attempt next …….. I'm thinking another Weim. I have a couple of references of this dog that I like so just need to choose which to do first.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful piece! I really enjoy the way you make the head so detailed and let the body go slightly out of focus as it recedes into the background. It really makes face come into focus and pop out at the viewer in a natural way. Very nice job!!

M J Muir said...

Absolutely wonderful drawing.

Anonymous said...

Stunning

Gillian McMurray said...

Wonderful. It does make me smile.

Laura said...

Thank you Brenda - this was the look I was trying to achieve so delighted it worked. I had to stop myself many times from putting too much detail into the body:D

Thank you all for the great comments:D

Michelle said...

Your work is simply amazing! Beautiful!

Grahame Butler said...

I agree with every thing Brenda has said, your work is always exceptional Laura....