Tuesday, May 31, 2011

More drawing



A Work in Progress
Copyright Laura Hardie 2011


I think fairies must be visiting during the night and rubbing out bits of my latest drawing as I’m continually having to go over areas I’d already done and was happy to call finished. I’d hoped to be showing the finished drawing today too but I’m not quite there yet. It’s been a challenging drawing, not only with having to re-do the bits the fairies deleted, but tonally too and getting them just right. Lots of subtle tones and building up of layers.

Can’t believe it’s week 5 of the Dutch Auction of ‘Curiosity’ already – where has the time gone. This of course means that as of yesterday it is now down to £120!

2 comments:

Lene Daugaard said...

hi Laura, it looks fab! Hard work pays off :)

Anonymous said...

oh draw a fighten rooster. ive never seen anyone draw one with the kinda detail that you put into your drawings. I think it would be a work of art and a challenge. by the way i am very inspired by your art.